Many out of the box retail security systems focus only on anti-theft. Complete systems also include Amber alert mechanisms. Systems focused on shoplifting don’t cost much, but have limited abilities. Unlike purchasing a home security system, to obtain a truly comprehensive system, you’ll either need to cobble together a few different systems or shop around for a while to find one tailored to full needs.
Protects Against Theft
protects against theft by shoplifting and employee shrink, monitors entries and exits, locks down the store when a person goes missing.
You’ll also find systems focused on video surveillance. Most record activity. An example of this system type, Big Security, provides only a video camera system. You’ll get to design your own system within a package. They start with one to four cameras and go up to 16 to 32 camera systems. It doesn’t include monitoring which is left up to the store security or manager.
For employee and shopper safety, a retail outlet needs monitored cameras trained on entries and exits. Ideally, these record activity, as well. If an abduction occurs at the store, these provide police with photos of every person entering or exiting the store.
Did you find what you need?
Security saving tips
- Make sure all windows are fitted with key-operated window locks.
- Check that all windows and doors are locked before going to bed.
- Never leave keys in window or door locks..
- Hide expensive equipment, such as mobile phones and laptops, from view. .
- Keep your valuables in a safe place and out of sight.
- Set a timer to switch your lights on and off at varying intervals when you're out to make it look like someone is at home.