Home Automation System Installation & Maintenance
Some home security systems are complex and should be installed by a professional. However, there are many good home security systems sold in kit forms that can be installed by any do-it-yourselfer. Most simple systems use a bell, loud buzzer, or other sound source to note intrusion.
By keeping your security system or burglar alarm in top operating condition you’ll not only sleep better, your neighbors will too. This Fix-It Guide tells how a security system works, what often goes wrong, how to identify a security system problem, and what parts and tools you will need to fix your system. It then gives instructions on how to test a security system wired sensor, as well as how to perform magnetic switch sensor replacement, plunger switch sensor replacement, and vibration glass-break detector replacement.
Maintenance not only increases the cost of ownership, it can leave home insecure if equipment had to be uninstalled to fix it. Maintenance may cost more if a security system is being used beyond its recommended limits, for example, in extreme environments.
Did you find what you need?
Security saving tips
- Make sure all windows are fitted with key-operated window locks.
- Check that all windows and doors are locked before going to bed.
- Never leave keys in window or door locks..
- Hide expensive equipment, such as mobile phones and laptops, from view. .
- Keep your valuables in a safe place and out of sight.
- Set a timer to switch your lights on and off at varying intervals when you're out to make it look like someone is at home.