Whether you’re placing your security cameras inside or outdoors, the main tip is to focus on specific areas of interest. Think back to your security assessment – the path leading up to your front and back doors (home or business), the different ways people access the building, and any blind spots. In some cases, you may need multiple cameras to capture specific areas. A general rule of thumb is to install the security camera at a downward angle to allow for accurate motion detection. It’s important to note, this won’t always be necessary, especially if you’re using a wide angle dome camera..
the complexity of home security systems often required professional installation and setup. With the growth of DIY home security, homeowners, renters, and small business owners can easily add a security system. Installation requirements vary by system complexity, from stand-alone plug and play wire-free security cameras, to complex multi-camera security systems. Our team of security experts will help you learn how to install security cameras, including where to place the cameras, as well as overall installation tips.
Maintenance not only increases the cost of ownership, it can leave home insecure if equipment had to be uninstalled to fix it. Maintenance may cost more if a security system is being used beyond its recommended limits, for example, in extreme environments.
Did you find what you need?
Security saving tips
- Make sure all windows are fitted with key-operated window locks.
- Check that all windows and doors are locked before going to bed.
- Never leave keys in window or door locks..
- Hide expensive equipment, such as mobile phones and laptops, from view. .
- Keep your valuables in a safe place and out of sight.
- Set a timer to switch your lights on and off at varying intervals when you're out to make it look like someone is at home.