Digital surveillance technology monitoring students, staff and visitors is currently being employed in schools around the world. As a board of trustees, you should consider a range of measures to increase security at your school. These include creating an effective school boundary, and installing appropriate lighting and security cameras. A security consultant can help you choose and operate a security system.
You must use a qualified security consultant to manage the installation of your security system following the specification. Give them the full standard specification document. If you have trouble understanding the standard specification document, ask the security consultant to explain it to you. The security consultant develops the site-specific information to meet the particular needs of your project.
monitoring of your electronic security system
By having an off-site monitoring and alarm response contract, you make the best use of your investment in an alarm system. If the alarm is triggered, a security guard will respond swiftly..
Commissioning inspection of your security system
Once your security system is installed, your security consultant will arrange a ‘commissioning inspector’ to do a final inspection of a new security system. The inspector must be independent of the security consultant. Your security consultant signs off the job, not the security system installer.
Did you find what you need?
Security saving tips
- Make sure all windows are fitted with key-operated window locks.
- Check that all windows and doors are locked before going to bed.
- Never leave keys in window or door locks..
- Hide expensive equipment, such as mobile phones and laptops, from view. .
- Keep your valuables in a safe place and out of sight.
- Set a timer to switch your lights on and off at varying intervals when you're out to make it look like someone is at home.